· Managed the formation of a private equity fund, including raising funds through the private offering of limited liability company interests. Key tasks included drafting a private placement memorandum, subscription agreement and investment management agreement, as well as review of related limited liability company operating and partnership agreements and research into possible registration of an investment adviser, among other tasks.
· Provided advice regarding the consumer credit and finance issues facing an Idaho company in the business of training health coaches.
· Worked on a private placement of convertible notes by a California company in the business of selling a “quality wine that is approachable, affordable and memorable.”
· Drafted private placement memoranda, subscription agreements, limited liability company operating agreements and related documents for a holding company whose subsidiaries are developing advanced electric motor technology, an immune system modulator which can enhance one’s innate immune system and other cutting edge technologies.
· Participated in the preparation a ”reply/answer” to “deceptive trade practices” claim brought by a Nevada regulatory agency against a client that uses “scalar waves and fields” to treat various medical conditions.
· J.D., University of Michigan Law School in Ann Arbor, Michigan
· B.A., Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
· Licensed Bar Member: District of Columbia, Maryland and Illinois
In recent years I have been a volunteer in a number of political campaigns, providing “voter protection” services and serving as a poll watcher. I have also devoted significant time to assisting my brother with a variety of business and personal matters. He lives in California and has not been in the best of health in recent years.
I have one daughter who is age 33 and works in information technology for a large regional group of hospitals. My wife is a clinical social worker and we have been married for over 35 years. I typically work out 3 or 4 times per week on a treadmill or elliptical and also do weight training at the same time. I enjoy watching sports, particularly hockey and football, on television and reading newspapers and books, among other publications. My wife and I enjoy classical music and have had a subscription to the Chicago Symphony for several years. I like to travel and have spent a significant amount of time in Arizona, California and other states in recent years, often visiting family and friends.
I enjoy working at Exemplar Law, LLC because of the diversity of legal issues that one encounters, the opportunity to often work with entrepreneurial clients and the flexible working conditions, among other reasons.