Small businesses seem to always need money, but sometimes getting a business loan just isn’t possible. An alternative might be to use private placements, a process for selling securities without going public or registering the sale. Your small business can use this type of funding under special Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations.
Exemplar understands the fundamental strategic and execution issues faced by clients. Our professionals have many years of investment banking experience in raising capital privately, and we understand the objectives and perspectives of institutional investors. We offer a highly customized approach to each of our clients to ensure they are distinguished from the vast competitive landscape.
Our private placements services cover the full spectrum:
- Equity and convertible debt private placements
- Debt private placements
- Private Investment in Public Companies (PIPEs)
- Exemplar completed a $150 Million M&A of an energy power plant that was converting to renewable energy
- Exemplar represents a $40 Million publicly traded food manufacturer in a complex restructuring following a listeria scare, including corporate, litigation, tax, and capital markets work
- Exemplar setup and represents a number of impact investments funds investing across industries
- Exemplar raised $20 Million from GE Capital for a leading publicly traded (NYSE biologics company).
- Exemplar represents some of America’s most iconic family offices in land acquisitions, M&A, and Private Placements
Benefits of Private Placements
For companies that want to raise capital, private placements offer an superb opportunity. However, private placements are unsuitable for public offering or venture capital. PPMs help companies to quickly raise capital more quickly and much less expensively than a traditional IPO. In fact, many of today’s high growth companies are opting for private placement offerings rather than the public counterpart. In addition, companies are not required to take the burden of complying with disclosure obligations that are essential when undertaking a public offering.
It is important that private companies that are thinking in terms of private placements to assess and determine as to whether they have certain crucial elements. The key positions of the company should be filled up with high caliber managers and the company should foresee strong growth with a clear strategy for exit in the future.
Investment Banking Services
Exemplar Key Accomplishments
Capital Case Studies
Los Angeles /
Santa Monica, CA
Phone - 617-542-7400