Exemplar Companies, Pbc is a holistically integrated professional knowledge firm combining the first non-billable-hour Corporate law firm in the US with a CPA/Accounting Firm, Business Advisory, and FINRA-Member Broker-Dealer Investment Bank. We operating on a Quad Bottom Line values system, represent revolutionaries, game-changers, and Impact businesses.
Company: Exemplar Companies PBC
Position: Financial Services and Insurance Sales Representative
Level: Full-time/ Apprentice
Location: Remote with offices in New York, Boston, Delray Beach, or Los Angeles (office flexibility / hybrid model)
Exemplar provides advisory services across industries to public and private companies. Our Services, in addition to this department, include law, tax & accounting, compliance, strategy, investment banking and debt advisory.
The Exemplar Financial Services and Insurance team is growing, and we are seeking an experienced sales representative to introduce and sell consulting services on behalf of Exemplar. We are hiring several professionals with the right combination of business savvy, entrepreneurial spirit, and with or without insurance experience to join this rapidly growing firm and be part of a fun and intellectually talented team, with tremendous opportunity for leadership upside and a long-term career. This role will report directly to the Managing Partner, Head of Financial Services and Insurance and work closely with the company leadership team. This is a full-time contractor position.
The firm is supportive of talent across all levels and prides itself in building an inclusive, collaborative, and dynamic culture. The team represents people of various backgrounds, nationalities, genders, and experiences, and the firm encourages all interested candidates to apply.
The Success You’ll Build: Primary Responsibilities
- Originate business, close proactively and genuinely care for customers, and find ways to add value to their growing business.
- Research, source, and initiate calls with potential customers to introduce self and build along-term relationship.
- Must be able to convey complicated financial concepts and be skilled in listening to clients.
- Help individuals, businesses, and families on planning aspects of their finances, present the most appropriate, strategies regarding policies for health, life, and properties. Implement a review process, with PIP, goal setting, and strategic off boarding.
- Achieve business objectives through a strong vision and is self-driven and motivated.
- Research and source potential clients and build long-term relationships with them.
- Managing new customer relationships, ensure on-time delivery, and return business from existing accounts.
- Fully understand, embrace, and promote our culture and model. A passion for our values, including the abandonment of Karl Marx’s Labor Theory of Value (timesheets), and adoption of value-based pricing is a MUST.
The Experience That Will Help You Succeed:
▪ 10 years technical sales or 5 years CPA, Accountant, or Financial Services.
▪ Experience working with team of knowledge professionals a plus.
▪ Experience working with emerging enterprises, mid to large market companies, and high net worth individuals.
The Competencies You’ll Need:
Excellent business judgment, ability to think strategically and to give practical advice.
Great communication and problem-solving skills, champion at brainstorming ideas and at minding the customers.
Ability to give not just insurance advice, but business advice and life insights.
Ability to persuade prospective clients to engage in a phone conversation and/or meeting to discuss our consulting services.
Ability to keep abreast of industry and market trends and best practices.
Ability to interface effectively with all levels of an organization and to gain the trust and confidence of others.
Ability to work well both independently and as part of a highly collaborative team.
Strong work ethic and ability to make decisions, multi-task, prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously.
Ambitious/highly motivated, strong work ethic and leadership skills, interest in taking on increased levels of responsibility.
Extremely attentive to detail.
Is collaborative and has a strong team orientation.
Basic computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Outlook.