Exemplar Companies, Pbc is a holistically integrated professional knowledge firm combining the first non-billable-hour Corporate law firm in the US with a CPA/Accounting Firm, Business Advisory, and FINRA-Member Broker-Dealer Investment Bank. We operating on a Quad Bottom Line values system, represent revolutionaries, game-changers, and Impact businesses.
We are searching for a legal associate to add to our team and to our clients on a part time basis with varying business needs. This has the potential to become full time soon!
We are looking for someone who thinks outside of the box, who has preferably worked for a consulting legal firm prior and works diligently. This role will start out part time and move to full time as success is seen.
We are looking for someone who is a calculated action taker, not an order taker and who loves success.
- Support Senior Corporate Legal Counsel to develop and maintain an optimized and efficient legal function that meets current and future business needs.
- Design, implement, and participate in projects and activities to support the growth of the company.
- Create a positive image of Exemplar through communication and interaction with key stakeholders including employees, customers, and partners, etc.
- Provide general legal support with respect to preparing and coordinating procedural documentation for general legal matters.
- Perform legal research as requested by the senior corporate legal counsel or other members of the company’s management team.
- Compose, draft, and edit memos, documents, and correspondence of a confidential legal nature for senior corporate legal counsel and other internal parties.
- Draft, review, and assist in the negotiation of confidentiality agreements, distribution agreements, license agreements and other legal business documents, as required by the various departments of the organization.
- Maintain legal, corporate, and other documentation as required by the organization.
- Assist in the drafting, preparation, and maintenance of the company’s regulatory filings, including with the SEC and other regulatory bodies.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and administration of legal and regulatory compliance programs to ensure organizational compliance with all applicable laws and standards.
- Work with internal resources to develop deliberate, organized, and efficient processes for the completion of necessary activities, programs, and processes.
- Support Senior Corporate Legal Counsel and outside counsel in the establishment of other entities, intellectual property matters, any litigation, and various legal matters.
- 5+ years’ experience in Corporate Law
- Applicable passed boards
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong Communication skills
- Located in the Chicago, IL area